17041 El Camino Real, Suite 209, Houston, Texas 77058



Immigration Law

At The Romero Law Firm, P.C., we pride ourselves on being responsive to our clients’ needs. Our philosophy is to provide high-quality representation to our clients. What does this mean?

Experience and knowledge – We have represented individuals and businesses in a variety of immigration matters including Adjustment of Status, K-1/K-3 Fiancee Visa Processing, I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (family-based and employment-based), I-485 (Adjustment of Status – family- and employment-based), Labor Certification, and Non-Immigrant Visa Processing.

Preparation of cases – With every case we accept, our goal is to prepare and file as expediently as possible without compromising the quality of our legal services.

Keeping you Informed –
 We provide you with regular updates about how your case is proceeding.

Accessible and responsive – We make every effort to be personally available to our clients during normal business hours (and outside those hours in case of an emergency).


Non-Immigrant Visas

  • B-1 – Temporary Visas for Business Visitors
  • B-2 – Temporary Visas for Pleasure
  • E-1/E-2 – Treaty Traders and Investors
  • H-1B – Specialty Occupations
  • H-2A – Temporary Agricultural Workers
  • J – Exchange Visitors
  • K – Fiancee Visas
  • L – Intracompany Transfers
  • O – Individuals with Extraordinary Ability in the Sciences, Arts, Education or Business
  • P – Internationally recognizeed performing athletes and accompanying individuals
  • R – Ministers, professional workers in religious vocations and other religious personnel
  • TN – Trade NAFTA

Permanent Residency Processing:  Family-Based or Employment-Based
Consular Processing
Naturalization and U.S. Citizenship Issues: Mandamus for Delayed Naturalization Cases

Updated Information on President Obama’s Deferred Action Program
for Parents and Students (11/24/2014)

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program
• Now it allows individuals who were born before June 15, 1981 who meet all other requirements of DACA to apply (no upper age restriction)
• Requires that you have continuously resided in the United States since January 1, 2010 instead of June 15, 2007
• Extends card to 3 years instead of 2 years

Deferred Action for Parents of US Citizens and Legal Permanent Resident Children (Deferred Action for Parental Accountability Program)
• Allows parents to apply for deferred action and work authorization if they have continuously lived in the United States since January 1, 2010
• Are the parents of US Citizen children or Legal Permanent Resident Children born on or before November 20, 2014 and
• Have no felonies or significant misdemeanors
• Are willing to pay their taxes

What can you do now to prepare for the programs?
1. Obtain personal identification (national identification card, matricula card or passport and birth certificate)
2. Gather documentation that you have resided in the United States for past 5 years or more (depending upon which program you qualify for)
3. Evidence of relationship to a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident Child

President Obama reported to take Executive Action on Immigration 

President Obama has taken executive action which will help millions of undocumented people.  The New York Times reports that anywhere between 5 to 10 million people could benefit from Mr. Obama’s executive action.

President Obama has stated that the plan will protect about 5 million undocumented immigrants from deportations. They will not get U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residence, known as a green cards. But they will be able to live in the United States without fear of deportation, get a work permit, and a Social Security number.

The plan will also allow more individuals to apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.  In 2012, President Obama had created a program called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, that has legalized more than 580,000 undocumented immigrants brought to the country as children. The program had some limits.  Applicants had to be younger than 31 and arrived in the United States before June 15, 2007.  President  Obama is removing the age limit and is expanding the people who qualify to those who came before January 1, 2010.

More good news for those that do not qualify for DACA.  USCIS will be giving permits to those who have been in the United States and meet the following requirements:

1. Parent of a US Citizen child or Legal Permanent Resident child;
2. Been in the United States for last 5 years;
3. No felonies;
4. Willing to pay taxes in the future.

The plan did not include protections for undocumented immigrants who are parents of DACA recipients, or undocumented immigrants who have lived in the country for long periods of time.

The Romero Law Firm will keep you informed of any changes in the law. At our firm, we approach our clients’ needs as if we are partners in the process.  We welcome the chance to consult with you and assist you in the immigration process.

Please call us at (281) 220-1067 for your immigration needs.

The Romero Law Firm is pleased to announce that we are now accepting cases for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals!

What is “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)?”
On June 15, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security announced that it will not deport certain undocumented individuals who entered the United States as children. Currently, applying for deferred action does not lead to legal residency (also known as “green card status”). Deferred action will provide relief from immediate removal for qualified individuals.

Who can apply?
To qualify, an individual must:

  1. Be under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
  2. Have come to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday
  3. Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time
  4. Have been physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS
  5. Have entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012
  6. Be currently in school, have graduated or have obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or be an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States
  7. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety

If I am approved, what benefits can I obtain?
If you do qualify, you may receive deferred action status for two years. This will allow you to obtain a work permit, a Social Security number and a driver’s license (if you are in Texas). You can apply for a renewal at the end of the two years.

Our firm takes great pride in our personalized service. All potential clients meet directly with an attorney — not with an assistant, as happens at some other offices — for their consultation. Our staff will keep you informed from start to finish and will gladly answer any questions you have along the way.

Our office is currently offering our services for Deferred Action cases for a flat fee of $500.00 (not including all applicable USCIS filing fees).

Contact our office and schedule an appointment today! We will do our best to accommodate walk-ins.